Whats good world, welcome to Thinking Out Loud. Please feel free to leave comments, respond, criticize, clown etc. I will respond to all feedback

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Dear Media, Stop Insulting My Intelligence

I would like to start off this entry by sending out my prayers and condolences to the family and friends of Delvonte Tisdale.
Tisdale-001aaa11.jpg
I came across this article earlier today courtesy of frequent blog and idea contributor @Nunnzdaname and it pissed me off, take a look:
http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaking_news/2010/11/massport_invest.html

Now I clicked this link thinking there was something substantive to the story of the mutilated body found in Milton, MA last week. Unfortunately, I read this ridiculous story and all I can say is Dear Mass Media, please stop insulting my intelligence. A 16 year old boy was found mutilated beyond recognition and the airport authority is investigating to see if he could have fell out of a fucking plane, and this is breaking news? The writer mentions that the investigation is ongoing on a number of fronts, and the story that we get to read is one about a boy sneaking on a flight as a stowaway on a  in the landing gear compartment with the wheels, then when compartment opened to land over Milton airspace heading towards Runway 4R and he fell to his death frozen because that compartment of the plane is not pressurized. That's the dumbest most far fetched shit I've ever heard in my life and its because we take the shit they feed us on the news as the truth.

The sad truth is much more practical, like an axe murder who dumped the body of his victim far from the scene of the crime, or God forbid, this is the type of crime you see when a large debt is owed, or drug/street violence. But instead the suits in these war rooms decide to repeatedly insult our intelligence as human beings with extraordinary tales they call news. Few months back when 4 people were murdered in Mattapan I heard an anchor say "they run out of the house naked to flee the gunman and were found shot outside the home" no you fucking liar, they stripped and executed. Newspapers, networks, mass media conglomerates, heed the message, tell us the truth, or shut up while I find it on my own.

2 comments:

  1. I send my condolences to this family during this time of loss. I pray they find strength in prayer, meditation and wonderful memories.
    Now on to how the media has not only insulted our intelligence but insulted the character of this young man and family…yet again another example of how the media uses the wildest stories and attach them those of color. Oh yes, I said it. How many times have you heard of a white stow away clever enough to sneak past securities, employees, etc of an airport (whether public or private) but ignorant enough to hide in a section of the plane as a means of suicide. Really?
    What is even sadder is there is no media production company to reveal the truth of such stories. When attempted, the idea of large deposits of money in bank accounts and becoming mainstream consumed the original thought. This resulted in a puppet show of what appears to be educated African Americans and people of color.
    How sad we cannot focus on what’s clear because of the color green in the forms of money and envy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya. I was totally lost when it came to this story. It made no sense to me at all. But that's the media for you. You have to actually be a part of the situation or you are going to receive a very distorted story. Glad you wrote this because people love to hear the news and run with it. Sometimes, the news just exaggerates.

    ReplyDelete